At the IBT, we embrace a culture of transparency and reproducibility that is reflected in our teaching and research.
The IBT is at the forefront at HSG to foster open science approaches. To increase the reusability of our work, we publish the syntax, materials and datasets alongside our manuscripts. This is especially important for publications that entail some development of new approaches to process, analyze, or visualize different forms of data and confirmatory analyses. Additionally, we pre-register our hypotheses to improve the reliability of our work.
Open Science Resources at IBT
Open Science Repositories
- The Open Science Framework – OSF: www.osf.io (organize research project, deposit code, data, and materials, pre-registrations)
- As Predicted: https://aspredicted.org/ (simple pre-registrations)
- PsychArchives: https://www.psycharchives.org/ (digital research objects)
Blogs to follow
Open Source Software
- Feature Extraction package – Behavioral Log Data: https://github.com/QuayAu/fxtract
- VoiceR: Voice Analytics for Social Scientists: Francesc Busquet, and Christian Hildebrand have developed an R package that automatically analyzes audio data for social scientists. The package includes a Shiny app with an easy-to-use interface that automatically produces APA ready writeup of the analysis output. The corresponding paper is under review and available on request.